Unit Level Transportation Information
NOTE: This appendix is for information purposes only
and is not authorization for the U.S. Army Operator to
maintain additional tools on the machine or perform
Machine Preparation for Low
Velocity Air Drop (LVAD)
NOTE: Park the machine on a flat, level surface to
remove the top half of the cab. If the machine is not
level, there is an increased chance of breaking a
window during the procedure.
1. Remove clamp (4) and muffler extension (2).
2. Remove clamp (3), and precleaner hood (1)
3. Store the muffler extension, precleaner assembly
and the associated hardware in BII compartment (5)
Second Main Disconnect for Optional Arctic Starting
4. Move both main disconnect switches (6), if
equipped, into the OFF position.
5. Remove four bolts (7) and tread the plate.