You must first read and understand the warnings
and instructions contained in this manual before
performing any operation or maintenance
Engine Air Intake System
Service Filter Elements
If nuclear, biological, or chemical (NBC) exposure
is suspected, all filter media should be handled
by personnel wearing protective equipment.
handling or disposal procedures.
Service the air intake filters only with the engine
stopped, or engine damage could result.
Air Filter Service Indicator (1)Service the air intake
filter elements when red appears in the viewing
window or when the arrow is at the 25 inches
position. Reset the indicator by pushing up on the
Service Primary Element
1. Open air intake compartment access door (1) on
the left side of the machine.
2. Open two latches (2), and remove the air cleaner
3. Remove primary filter element (3) from the air
4. Clean the inside of the housing.
5. Clean and inspect primary element (3).