LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR COMPONENTS-CONTINUED
(25) SMOKE GRENADE LAUNCHERS. Launches smoke grenades when required by the tactical
(26) MUFFLER. Reduces noise level of vehicle exhaust system.
(27) ANTENNA. Allows transmission and reception by the vehicle radio.
(28) RADIO. Provides two-way radio communication.
(29) BATTERY BOX AND DEFLECTORS. Protects the four vehicle batteries. Deflects radiator hot air
flow away from battery box preventing battery boil-over in high ambient temperatures.
(30) LIQUID CONTAINER BRACKETS. Two liquid container brackets provide stowage for one 5 gal.
(18.9L) liquid container and one M-13 decontaminating apparatus.
(31) FUEL TANK. The armored fuel tank contains fuel for the vehicle engine operation.
(32) HYDRAULIC OIL FILL PORT. Fill point for the vehicle hydraulic tank.
(33) DRIVERS HATCH ASSEMBLY. Armored cover for drivers compartment that can be latched
open or locked closed.
(34) INTAKE GRILLES. Louvered armor plates provide passage of air for engine cooling while
protecting engine compartment from projectiles. Grilles are hinged for maintenance access.
(35) ACCESS COVERS. Non-louvered armor plates to protect engine. Access covers are hinged for
(36) EXHAUST GRILLES. Louvered armor plates provide passage of radiator hot air from engine
cooling, while protecting the radiator and engine compartment from projectiles.
(37) DEBRIS SHIELD. Prevents debris from accumulating on hose assemblies and fittings in lower